Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Waste not want not!

Hi Everyone,

Quite busy this week with a wedding in the family spreading over a 4 day period and too much partying into the night!  Once I get the pictures sorted I'll give you a sneaky peek.  This card I made for my entry onto the WOW design team and I thought it was quite a nice wedding themed card.

It has 4 layers.  The first layer is made by embossing a leaf design with Platinum powder onto a plain piece of card stock (A5)just around the outside edge where you can see it peeking over the next layer.  The next two layers believe it or not are made from the packaging from the masks I purchased from Prima with the butterfly and tree on (Butterfly 550059) and a Creative Expressions mask with the time pieces on. The time piece layer was first then the butterfly as this has oldie worldie writing on it for a nice background looking at it through the next layer of acetate.

The next layer is plain acetate and buttermilk acrylic paint.  I layered the mask onto the acetate and then sponged the paint through it making sure that I had a handy bowl of soapy water ready for the paint filled mask.(butterfly).  I let the acetate dry then again embossed the same leaf design once over the acrylic paint and used Platinum powder.  I then positioned a white Prima flower over the leaves.. Before I glued it all down I folded the acetate around the back of the layer of packaging making a very small rounded window effect at the front gluing down both sides and putting a very thin ribbon/string around the lower end of the card.  I then glued all 4 layers onto the card including the pre made flower.  This gives a really nice effect and is soo simple to make.  See what you can find around your home to create the background layers.  Also try waste packaging that comes with your shop bought flowers.  The printed acetate gives a further dimension.  Try it....

Speak soon

Sue 

0 comments:

Post a Comment