Monday, 7 May 2012

Challenge 4, Tim Holtz

Hi Everyone
This weeks challenge is Faded Layers from A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, Page 43 brought to us by Linda Louise Ledbetter of Studio L3

I had to think about this one for a few days.  The colour scheme and what I was going to layer.  Eventually I decided on this.

I can't tell you the technique but I can share what I made.  

I stamped out onto a masking sheet the Tim Holtz mannequin from the sewing stamp and cut it out.  I then placed it onto the tag and left it there until the final layer.
  
2nd layer includes a compass in the left and right upper corners.




3rd layer includes a scroll in the right bottom corner.
  
4th layer I stamped the mannequin in black stazon.  The nice thing about this technique for me was the fact that I didn't have to get the overstamping exact.  It all adds to the effect if it is a little off centre!


Take care....speak soon..... Sue



5 comments:

  1. Oh Sue this is stunning!! I haven't attempted mine yet, love what you've done with yours!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have CoC2, but the challenges at Studio L3 seem to be well worth playing in. As for this 'ere entry - wow - the offset colouring is sooo evocative of the '50s - you've captured it perfectly :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its lovely - I love the way it is offset too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work, Sue! I love the offset printing look you created, and your faded layers look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete