Monday, 14 May 2012

Challenge 5, Tim Holtz

Hi Everyone

This weeks challenge is Shattered Stains from Tim Holtz's A Compendium of Curiosities, Volume 2, page 48 from Linda at Studio L3 and sponsored by Simon Says Stamps.

As you know, the rules of the challenge are that I can't tell you the technique but I can share what I made.

I firstly brayered with the Happy Birthday Big and Juicy ink pad onto a tag then heat dried it.

Then stamped the balloon and tightrope artist from My Minds Eye, Lost and Found 2 'Rosy everything stamps'  in versamark and sprinkled WOW embossing powder in seafoam white super fine over them, then heat set.
I then used a cuttlebug embossing folder 'diamonds' to give definition to the tag in strategic places.

I then used the same ink pad and went over the raised areas with a piece of cut and dry foam.




I then die cut the word 'LIFE' in grungeboard and used distress stains to obtain the 'shattered stains' look.  I then left this to dry.

Once dry I wrapped a piece of jewelled wire around the 'F' letter then glued the full word onto the tag.

Voila...... my challenge this week.

Speak soon

Sue    

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice - dont think I have used embossing powder and then an embossing folder in that order before - might have to give that a go - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these colors are dynamite, Sue! Another gorgeous creation, and a sensational use of the shattered stains technique!

    ReplyDelete