Sunday, 20 May 2012

Challenge 6, Tim Holtz

Hi Everyone
Today's technique from Linda at Studio L3 is Tissue Wrap Collage from A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol II, page 38, this week ssponsored by The Funkie Junkie's Boutique.



When I started this challenge the tissue wrap technique looked rather dull and uninspiring, I even thought about starting again, but I persevered and let the tag dry.  As soon as I put colour onto it it came to life.

A lot of the technique is in the first couple of layers.  I have used 2 coggs, and a key made from grungeboard and a flourish stamp in the background and used the musical notes tissue paper.  This technique you do have to leave to dry.


Other items used are dabbers in shell pink and cranberry, a crackle stamp, black soot distress ink, WOW bright white embossing powder and Memory Box word stamps. 



Instead of being careful not to get the versamark on the background of the word stamps I thought I would see what it looked like if I pressed hard on the stamp to catch the outline of the rectangle of the stamp, I think in this case it adds to the effect.

These challenges are certainly making me root through my stash of stamps and I'm turning up some happy finds, some I've not used in years.  It's nice to see them come out of my darkened drawers again!

Take care, speak soon...


Sue

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Thanks so much for coming to Card-io ... it was such a busy fun day and hope you enjoyed it.
    Love your tissue wrap .... it's so elegantly grungy.
    I have put tutorial pics on my blog for the faux leather technique and my tag bag if you are interested.
    Hope to meet up again
    Best wishes
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo. You're on my post on wednesday. Thanks for a fab demo on Saturday

      Delete
  2. This is such a fabulous tag, Sue! It sparks my imagination-- at first glance, I saw a ballerina's legs and tutu instead of a cog and key, and I LOVE when that happens with art. Great idea to let the stamp edge add some definition around the words, too. Great work-- yet again!-- on the CC2C!

    ReplyDelete