Saturday, 26 May 2012

Stampers Gallery Challenge

Hi Everyone,



Sue at the Stampers Gallery, Tarlton (see left for link) is having a Jubilee Challenge in the shop.  The idea is that you visit the store and collect a die cut pennant flag, take it away and decorate it how you want with red, white and blue as the colour theme.  There will be a winner announced after the Jubilee weekend with a gift voucher as a prize. Good Luck to all who take part.

Here is my take on the theme.

I chose a white flag and then used alcohol inks in red and blue, dripped it onto the flag and got an air duster(can with air inside) and blew the alcohol ink spreading it over the flag.


I then used the Indigo Blu 'Pomp and Pagentry' stamps and stamped these all over the background in black stazon ink.

I then die cut a Tim Holtz paper rosette, coloured this in red and blue distress inks and then painted over the top with light blue acrylic paint.

I then cut out a union jack circle and rosette from the click print and go 'Jewel Britannia' cd from My Craft Studio and attached this to the front of the rosette.

I then die cut a flourish in black card from a sizzlet die and placed this behind the rosette.

The bird came from a Rubber Stamp Madness magazine advertising 100proofpress.com an online rubber stamp company.  I stamped the bird and then cut it out. I then coloured in different parts of the bird with a embossing ink pen and sprinkled WOW embossing powders in bright white, apple red, metallic blue, metaline dark blue and lagoon on in different areas then went over the edges with a fine black permanent marker making it look mechanical. Then added a feather tail.

Happy crafting, hope you find some 'me' time this week.  Take care....

Sue

3 comments:

  1. Nice stamp Stampers Gallery thanks for sharing with us Blue Copy Xstamper Stock Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is gorgeous! I hope you give it pride of place in your craft space! :)

    ReplyDelete