Friday, 1 June 2012

Be Upstanding!

Hi Everyone

OMG! This eclectic phase is hanging on like Stazon down my fingernails.  I have lots of ideas running through my head at present to the extent that I have a small pad of paper at the side of my bed to jot stuff down in case I forget. I like what is happening but not at the expense of sleep!

Anyway, I came across this brilliant saying in a fantastic magazine I've found called The Stampers' Sampler.  Full of hints and tips and colour photos.  FAB!

All my life, I always wanted to
Be somebody.  Now I see that I
should have been more specific 

This was attached to something completely different to what I created, however it got my juices flowing with the Jubilee and all that.  I have just purchased a Personal Impressions stamp called Steampunk border and watch.  I had just completed the Tim Holtz challenge 7 using Tim Holtz Mona's Sketchbook and was looking at pictures of the queen on the web.  So.............

I decided to combine all 4 elements in one project.

The sentiment was printed from the computer onto parchment paper and embossed with WOW clear embossing powder straight away.  Then the top and bottom were torn and inked up with the new peacock feathers distress ink and attached with creative expressions faux screw brads.

I stamped the Mona Lisa onto white cardstock then printed a picture of the young Queen out onto white card.  I then cut her face out. and stuck it over the Mona Lisa's face - I'm sure she won't mind just for today!!

Then I stamped the border a few times onto backing papers, heat embossed with WOW ebony embossing powder and cut the coggs and wings out.  The hat is also on the border and I stamped that in a pretty pink backing paper.

Put together you have........... a hip and trendy steampunk Queen.  She reminds me of a borg - a rather glamerous and good looking one at that!

Hope you find some inspiration in what you are reading this week.

Take care,

Sue

0 comments:

Post a Comment