Monday, 4 June 2012

Challenge 8, Tim Holtz

Hi Everyone

This week via StudioL3 and crafty queen Linda Ledbetter, we are all doing Repurposed Packaging from the Tim Holtz: A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 62

This technique is about transforming trash into crafty items. the book gives you some ideas (obviously I cannot tell you)but you can adapt it to whatever you wish.  so here's my take.


I have taken some corrugated cardboard from a box picked up at the local supermarket and die cut my usual tag, then ripped some of the front off to expose the corrugated ripple.  I then painted over the top with Martha Stuart paints in cream and pink in certain areas. 
I have then stamped the flourish and saying from Tim Holtz Heartfelt onto the plastic tag with archival ink and heat embossed with WOW ebony black embossing powder making sure I didn't over heat the tag.
I have then die cut out 2 x birds from Tim Holtz mini bird and cage from the same piece of plastic and put versamark on the back then coated the bird and LOVE with Perfect Pearls, then stamped with archival ink, the butterfly out of Heartfelt over the birds, transferring the pattern to the birds.


The pink tag ribbon is from a price tag and the cream scroll ribbon, at the bottom is from an old belt I bought from a charity shop.  Recycling at its best!!

Take care, Speak soon,
Sue  




1 comments:

  1. LOVE how you did your tag, it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete