Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Lulabye hedgehog

Hi Everyone

This week there was a tearful crafting goodbye in my craft stash - my beloved sizzix big shot gave up the ghost, and in its last performance jammed a die in its rollers.  I had to perform a dissection to get it out!...but in the process got a few bits from inside the machine to use on other projects.......(you despair don't you).  It was like my right arm had been cut off.  So I am now the owner of a new big shot and it glides beautifully.  I cannot be without it.

Through J & C Creations,  they are sponsoring other blog challenges.  Natalie our newby DT member is part of other Penny Black Dt's and gave me some inspiration to design a card.  So, I have re-vamped my sleeping hedgehog and am submitting it to the following blogs incorporating their weekly/monthly challenge instructions.


My favourite things: Dies, Embossing Folders and shaped cards
I have used a Hunkydory Rocking Centre Stepper base card, covered it in papers, then used the Heartfelt Creations die and a Spellbinder scallop circle for the background and hedgehog.  I have used a Go Kreate label for the 'get well soon', an Anna Griffin edge punch for the lace effect, and a spellbinder banner 2 die for the flags.

The rear scallop circle I stuck 3 papers onto it then put it through a brick embossing folder.
The dies I used can be bought from the J & C Creations website.

I am entering the June - Penny black and more challenge - all my favourite things
                                      Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Fly the flag
&
                                     Papertake weekly challenge - card template
                                     



Take care, speak soon, be inspired

Sue

5 comments:

  1. A really great card Sue and such an unusual design.

    Thanks so much for joining in with our Bingo theme at Stampalot this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and such pretty colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous rocker card sue...have fun with Mr Big Shot 2...thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very cute!! Love the shape of the card.
    Thanks for sharing at penny black and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts x Susan x

    ReplyDelete