Friday, 6 July 2012

My little part of Britain

Hi Everyone

Over at Studio L3 with Linda and the team is a 2 week challenge  It's Configurations Time! from A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol 2, pages 33 and 34,  with a crazy-awesome Tim Holtz treasure trove prize package up for grabs!

You need the configuration box (any size) and your imagination.  That's it.  A few weeks ago I was on the Blade Rubber blog and was inspired by 'Cool Britannia' Configurations Tray - copyright Susie Jefferson and I thought I would like to do something similar and I had loads of little embellishments waiting to be used.

Also I had a trip to the local car boot sale and purchased a load of little toys such as dice, action man hat and accessories, chess pieces, corgi cars, badges etc and spent about £10.  I had a ball! The best bit is,  I haven't used half the stuff, so I''m ready for further projects I have in mind. I have to agree with Susie that half the fun is looking for things to put in the box.



I painted the configurations box in white acrylic, then went about filling each smaller box.  The first ones are of a chess pawn with big ben in the background and a beefeter(e bay) with a map of London and an english lion (spellbinder) in the background. 



Next is a picture of the English lion with an army hat in front. I used Indigo Blu Pomp and Pagentry stamps




Next I downloaded some BANKSY pictures, made then really small through a graphics programme and in the background embossed E.R. in silver.

Lastly I had the indigo blu union jack stamp, a road sign from some papermania packaging and a small red telephone box I purchased from e bay for £1.20.  I made the flags from a graphics programme and stamped the flags onto glitter card.  The crowns are from a Tim Holtz die.  The pictures of the queen are downloaded and put through a graphics programme.

These boxes are FAB and you can decorate and put memorabilia in them to make them personal to you or as a wonderful gift.

After a while you can always dismantle it and create something new!


Happy Crafting, take care

Sue 

6 comments:

  1. A fabulous tribute to Britain! Love the little phone booth! Love all your details!
    Debbie
    ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your theme, really great, hope the action man hat is waterproof!
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great memento you've made. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Great job on all your adornments. I especially love the phone booth :-)

    ReplyDelete