Friday, 31 May 2013

If you go down in the woods today........

Hi Everyone


Today I have got my masks out and inked one on top of the other for a 'eerie' look .

 

The first layer are a forest of trees and inked up with Memento Espresso truffle.

The second is a trees and butterfly mask and inked up with rusty hinge distress ink,

The third is a mask I made from my silhouette machine and is an owl on a tree.
 
  
I then die cut a tag from the Sizzix wrapper circle and cut and paste the following phrase off the Internet on it:

The woods are lovely,

dark and deep.

But I have promises to keep,

and miles to go before I sleep.


Robert Frost

I then inked up a Tim Holtz barbed wire mask and inked through it with a black promarker pen.

 


The background paper was made from a patterned paper bag, and a corner stencil then run through my ebosser with a sizzix bark embossing folder. 








I am entering my project into the following challenges:


Papertake Weekly - sketch #79

take care....speak soon.......Sue


3 comments:

  1. fantastic creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours and idea.very effective! . Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful background. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along with us in the Masculine/Father's Day Challenge over at Simon Says Stamp this week!

    ReplyDelete