Monday, 27 May 2013

Only Words

Hi Everyone
Sue Here

Today is my first venture into the Challenge world of Stampotique SDC 101.  WORDS is what the challenge is this week.

I started by spraying an old page from an engineer book with cosmic shimmers and added rock salt on top. (this is one of my favorite techniques).  I left this to dry overnight.

Then I cut a tag out of the Tim Holtz alterations tag and bookplate and covered it with the sprayed paper.  I then stamped the Kaisercraft 36 clear stamps onto the left side of the tag in versamark and heat set with WOW bright white embossing powder.  I then inked over it with distress inks to give it a 'distressed' look. I then took a Crafters Workshop mask - mini burst and sponged Versamark through it then heat set with WOW Gold Pearl embossing powder. 


 I then coloured my 'Glimmering Hope' girl with Promarkers and cut her out.  The words 'I AM PERFECT THE WAY I AM' are from Dylusions 'the right word' I stamped onto scrap newspaper and coloured with distress inks.



The birdcage is a rub on and I have raided my stash and found a skeleton leaf and added that to the background.  On top is a used bottle top with a button in it and covered with glossy accents,  I have added a small ribbon flower in her hair.

I coloured the antique ribbon with distress inks.

Take care, speak soon.......Sue

3 comments:

  1. This is a fab and fun tag. Thanks for making it for Stampotique, I hope you'll join us again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your tag.... Thanks so much for playing in Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week. We hope to see you again real soon.
    Warmly-
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete