Saturday, 22 June 2013

Guys in Pieces

Hi Everyone


Today is the turn of paper piecing and GUYS



I purchased one of the etching cards - you know the ones that have an animal etched in them and you scratch the surface along the lines.  Well - sometimes you can pick these up for a song, mine was 50 pence.

I put this through a spellbinder Kickin' Rubber embossing folder and then sanded it down, the animal underneath disappears - the result is this.  Rather good in it!

 


I then used a Stampers Anonymous classics no 6 border and heat embossed with versamark and WOW silver embossing powder.  I matt the foil onto black card and glued this onto the border card.


I then chose a Crafty Individuals CI 305 stamp and stamped this onto white card with archival black ink.  

I then used rusty hinge and black soot distress ink for the surrounding area.  The thing I love about paper piecing is it uses all of your itsy bits up so I stamped this on a l-o-a-d of different neutral papers and cut different sections out.  I then stuck them together and matted onto black card.
 









Voila my masterpiece!

I am entering this into the following challenges this week:

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning Thanks for Joining us this week at L.T.C. Hugs Sandra DT X

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS... love all those fabby layers... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Very stunning for a Masculine card!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project!! Loved that you showed your steps!! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.

    Zenita (aka Scrappinwith'Z)
    DT member Love to Create Challenge
    http://www.scrappinwithz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete