Monday, 17 June 2013

Nesting Sunshine!

Hi Everyone



Today is the turn of sunshine, nesting birds and tags.




I firstly spritzed a tag with cosmic shimmer inks and let it dry.  I then spritzed other colours onto parchment paper.  This caused the paper to warp which gave it dimension.  I then stamped a Tim Holtz sunbursts stamp onto the parchment and heat set with WOW honey embossing powder.




I took a piece of watercolour paper and spritz with cosmic shimmer inks then added my rock salt on top and let it dry. (see the post 'A little layering' for the full instructions) I then used a bird template and cut out the shapes.  The wings I put through a diamond embossing folder and highlighted with black soot distress ink, then glued it together.
The 'nest' is Baumwoll on wire (which I have never used before)and I added distress ink to give it colour.  I added flower embellishments and ribbon.

I am entering the tag into the following challenges:

Craft Room Challenge - Here comes the Sun
Fashionable Stamping -Something New
Frilly and Funkie - Birds and Nests 

0 comments:

Post a Comment