Monday, 24 June 2013

Pearing Up!

Hi Everyone
Over at Simon Says Stamp it is the turn of Summer Fruits.  I have to say these stamps from INKADINKADO,  I haven't got out in e-o-n-s.

Firstly I got out my water colour pens and brushed over the stamps, houghed (technical term for strong breath on stamp technique!) and stamped the pear out.  I then masked it off and brushed it in different tones then stamped it again.  I stamped out on a separate white card another pear and cut this out, 3Ding it onto the others. I did start with a strawberry but didn't like the effect so I changed it!  I then added a few branches for effect!


I then cut out a spellbinder Opulent Oval in copy paper and used the cut out as an appeture. I made 2 x masks for the pears.  I then used a word stamp inked up in versamark then heat set with WOW Bright White embossing powder for the background.

I then inked the edges in Spiced Marmalade, Tea Dye and Black Soot distress inks and did a wash of tea dye and water in the background.  I then used kitchen roll to buff off the excess ink and bring out the white embossing
again.


Take care, speak soon....Sue.

I am entering this into the following challenge:

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sue :-) the image and colours are lovely and I love the background ,,, absolutely fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is a fabulous card. The pears are looking great and the background is so detailed and pretty!

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love using my older stamps. It always feels great when I do. This stamping technique is fabulous! You've got some skills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your techniques on the pairs, beautiful card !

    ReplyDelete