Thursday, 20 June 2013

Scraplings, hot red and Moos!

Hi Everyone


Today is the turn of embossing powder in all forms, courtesy of my trusty WOW powders.

I firstly covered a large tag with black and white written background paper and sanded the edges.  I then cut 2 x Scraplings (which is cardstock cut  1.5 ins x 4.25 ins) and 1 x moo (which is cardstock cut 1.1/8 ins x 2. 3/4 ins)

I then used the triple embossing technique with versamark, black, apple red, burgundy and red dragon embossing powders using the technique as covered in this months Craft Stamper pages 30-31.  I then used a dotty mask and put versamark through this and covered with white embossing powder and heat set.

Whilst hot I stamped into the moulten powder a flower stamp covered in Stazon ink.  This left the indentation of the stamp in the powder.  I then did the same with a word stamp.

I then used silicone flower moulds and a heart mould and melted WOW apple red embossing powder into them and let them harden.  I then stuck these over the stamped flower heads on the card.


The words 'made by me' are Tim Holtz 'chit chat' pieces and a piece of wire as an embellishment coming from the heart.   

I am entering this into the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! So effective. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful! Thanks tons for joining us at RRD for our Slender Bender challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun way to use the myulti coloured EP technique and the addition of the 3D moulded items is fab! Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful piece of art. Thanks for sharing at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful moos! The colors are so striking. Thanks for joining the Rogue Redhead Rebel Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work... Love it! Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your triple embossing - really Wow factor! Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful entry, thanks for taking part with us at TIO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece of artwork, thanks for sharing with us at Dragons Dream TIO. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete