Saturday, 27 July 2013

A little R & R!

Hi Everyone


Sorry I've not been at my desk as a last minute course came up with work.  The frustrating thing is not having my crafting desk with me, so I usually take my trusty journal,( I love the moleskin ones from Waterstones as you can used all types of medium on the pages and it doesn't warp) watercolour pencils and some masks for 'doodling'.

Before I went,  I stamped a picture of Smumanha in the foreground and a 'Creative Expressions' pier head, birds and sand in the background with Archival black ink.  This gives you a clue as to where I have been and I suppose even Smumanha needs a little R & R !  Unfortunately I didn't have much R & R but the unwinding was loosing myself in the colouring in.

I firstly went over the background lightly with my pencils in different colours, then used a light water wash with a brush to blend the colours in together.

I then used some of my masks to colour the background, then added the words with an archival ink pen (like Letraset-usually 0.5mm).


I am entering this into the Stampotique challenge SDC 109 Clean and Simple.  Clean and Simple for me as I only used stamps, pencils and masks. My thinking cap is back on for this weeks challenge now I'm home to my beloved crafts!

Speak soon........Sue 

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sue, I love your watercolouring. Thanks so much for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She certainly looks relaxed on the beach. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple, yes, but elegant? YES! YES! YES! Just love your seascape, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scene you have created. Looks very relaxing. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply Beautiful... I so want to land on that beach. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, loving all the details, thanks for sharing with us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete