Friday, 5 July 2013

A Lovely View of Summer

Hi Everyone


Today is the day of summer days seaside and yellow, blue and green only!

I have got my hobby art stamps out as they are wonderful for a landscape and really easy to accomplish  a watercolour picture without really trying.  I have also got my watercolour paints out and mica paints and used my WOW Bright White embossing powder.

I like to stamp in Memento London Fog as it gives it a less harsh outline to paint in.  This is the only ink I have used apart from Versamark for the embossing powder.



I firstly washed the watercolour card with different colours of green and blue for the land and sea, I then added clouds, waves and some birds.



I stamped out the Penny Black brick wall (again- I Love this stamp) and painted with green blue and yellow, then cut it up.


 
The houses I stamped out onto index cards from the local stationers and painted in.  The boat and beach ball are hobby art.








The background I stamps out with versamark and heat set with WOW Bright White embossing powder and painted over in the 3 main colours adding over the top distress ink in places in the same colours.

The borders are Stampers Anonymous classic 6 again stamping in versamark, heat set with WOW white and painted with watercolour paints and mica paints which causes a resist technique and buffed.

The flourishes are from Maya Road and heat set with Stampendous aged ivory embossing powder.  The embellishment dots are Card Candy .

I am entering this into the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Such lovely colours. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic piece of art beautifully done. Sadly while you may have only used the 3challenge colours you have created additional colour with them and we did ask that 'no other colour be introduced. Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab creation, love all those layers and the houses look so British Seaside Town to me.... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Susan, This is so unique and artistic. Thanks for sharing with us at the CLP Sketch challenge.

    Much Love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a really great seaside scene you have created x Thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge site trace x

    ReplyDelete