Saturday, 13 July 2013

Contemplating Paris!

Hi Everyone


This week over at Stampotique is French Flair

A few weeks ago I called in PAPERCHASE.  I love their wrapping papers and tissue paper cos' you can adapt it and add it to your paper projects.

This time I purchased a piece of wrapping paper with - YES you guessed it a French background! and some tissue paper with clouds on which could be adapted as trees etc so I have incorporated them into this weeks theme.

I firstly chose a spot off the wrapping paper and glued this onto the tag sanding the edges down and inking with black soot distress ink.

I then glued some of the clouds onto white card and cut them out inking around the edges with salty ocean distress ink.

I then stamped out in Versamark and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder a WOW tree stamp from the 'Is it a bird' set onto acetate and cut this out.

I then took the WOW meadow stamp from 'ME Collage' and inked with Versamark, stamped onto the bottom of the tag and heat set with olive embossing powder.



I then coloured in 'Peggy' with Promarkers and cut her out.The hearts I went over with glossy accents.

 
The quote I made up and put into goggle translator for the French version:



J'avais

ma corde

cassée à Paris

means 

'I had my hEart strings broken in Paris'

I cut this out and inked with salty ocean distress ink and stuck onto the clouds and top of the Eiffel tower.  I added a piece of ribbon for an accent to the top of the tag.

I am entering this into the following challenge:

Stampotique - SDC 108 French Flair




7 comments:

  1. Scrumptious - love the fresh, free-spirited feel of this.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning... Thank you for Sharing your talents with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. Super tag! Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic - what a perfect message with that image! Thanks for playing along at the Stampotique Designers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again loving your style Sue!! Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a both beautiful and inspirational tag, Susan! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tag! Love the clouds, really good idea. Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete