Sunday, 28 July 2013

Labels Tags and I.D!

Hi Everyone


This week over at Stampotique and Dragons Dream is all about Tags.

Last week I was on a conference when the challenge came out, which got me thinking about identification tags we wear around our neck - a label, a name plate as well as the tags we decorate for our projects.  We don't really know the people behind the tag - an air of mystery.

Onto the big tag I glued a piece of watercolour paper spritzed with Ranger Cranberry Ink and heat dried.  I then used 2 x masks- one of coggs which depicts work and time and the skyscraper mask for the city environment and the need for i.d. tags! I sponged through the masks with Cranberry Adirondack ink. 

I then stamped out in Versamark onto acetate a rose and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder.  I then turned this over and painted it in with Acrylic paint.  I then cut this out.
I stamped out in Archival ink 'Girl with lunchbox' and coloured her in with Promarkers.  I then punched out a small Woodware tag punch and coloured it in with Promarkers and used 2 x Hero Arts alphabet stamps on it saying (I.D.) I attached this around the neck of the girl with a piece of metal chain (the ones you get on clothing attaching the label).

I then thought about a phrase - usually someone famous has said something about the theme way before me and today was no exception - Coco Chanel.
 

A girl should be two things:
Who and what she wants.

                           Coco Chanel


 which I thought  fitted the bill perfectly.  I then added ribbon at the top of the tag.

I am entering this tag into the following challenges:

 

12 comments:

  1. Love the quote on this fab tag!! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great tag, the background looks fabulous. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a great artwork - fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag, Love the colours & stamping...Great image too!! Thank you for Dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl with a Lunchbox never looked so good--so beautifully colored! She is gorgeous against that great background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great tag! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quote with that image. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great sentiment and what an original tag; I love the story behind it. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous art work, great background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your original idea and your wonderful inspiration... that's great work !! And a big thank you for having seen my tag too ! :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant tag, love your work. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just stunning! What a background too!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete