Saturday, 17 August 2013

Somewhere over the Rainbow!

Hi Everyone



Over at Stampotique this week is Polka Dots.  So I've gone mad and 'polka dotted' everything in sight!!


I firstly got a Tim Holtz alterations tag and spritzed Dylusion and Ranger inks in greens and blues onto it contrasting with sky and grass.  I then sprinkled Oxi clean (fabric stain remover - fab product for washing clothes)all over it which gave it a 'snowy' look and let it dry over night.  (I saw this technique on Pintrest by Samantha Crutcher and wondered how it would turn out).

The excess ink in my plastic tub I swooshed up onto a piece of watercolour paper and used for the stones at the bottom of the tag. 

WELL....... it turned the ink into a chalk effect, so I brushed it off then added a Dina Wakley Grundgy Circles stamp over the top and then used a circles mask and went round the sky circles with a blue distress marker.

I then stamped onto patterned paper and cut out some Woodware clouds which were run through a polka dot embossing folder and highlighted with tea dye distress ink.

I then cut out some hand drawn mountains and again ran these through the embossing folder and highlighted with tea dye distress ink.

I then cut out some grass and again ran this through the embossing folder and highlighted with tea dye distress ink.


I stamped and cut out out some Hobby art rocks on the 'swooshed' watercolour paper and ran this through the embossing folder then put the circle stencil over the top and coloured some of the circles with distress inks.

My person of interest today is 'Twinkie' coloured in with Promarkers and I added a few dots to his clothing.  The 'rainbow' effect is made with a circle stencil and Promarkers onto acetate.  The half circles just fitted nicely into  Twinkie's hands and I cut out each half circle of polka dots and glued them into a rainbow. 

The saying is from Dolly Parton:

 If you want
the rainbow
Youve gotta put up
with the rain
                                  Dolly Parton

which fitted my project perfectly.

Have a lovely week and if you see a rainbow don't forget to make a wish.

Sue

10 comments:

  1. Everyone loves a rainbow! and thanks for the "oxy" tip, gotta' try that, love your tag! Thanks too for stoppin' by and leavin' a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and thanks for the detail on how you did it. Filing it away for the future :)
    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue- WOW Now that is one creative Rainbow. Thanks for sharing the tuti for us as well. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Hope you had a great weekend.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous tag! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great technique on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how brilliant - the polka dotty rainbow is genius.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did polka dot everything! bravo! nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the tag; great the polka dots that are everywhere! Love it! Inky greetings, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, I cannot believe the work (not to mention the time) you put into this tag, but, in the end, it was all worth it!! So much texture and interest! Perfect quote for my rainman Twinkie! Just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love twinkie, and your tag is great, thank you for joining in with the stampotique challenge. x

    ReplyDelete