Saturday, 24 August 2013

Tempus Fugit - Time Flies!

Hi Everyone


This week I've gone with Nature, Flowers, Wings and looking clean and simple.

I started by spraying Ranger Terra  Cotta ink onto watercolour paper and heat drying.  I then ran this piece of paper through a 'Time' embossing folder and catching the raised areas with Spiced Marmalade, Walnut Stain and Fired Brick distress inks.
 I then stamped out a Stampotique Big Bee on patterned paper and again onto the scraps of sprayed watercolour paper with Versamark and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder. I tried to make sure that on the scraps were some of the embossed 'time' bits as you can see on the body of the bee.   I then decoupaged the bee.  I cut out another of the clock hands, and added embellishments of a ladybird and small flowers.  My saying is from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

Adopt the pace of nature:
her secret is patience.
― Ralph Waldo Emerson.

I am entering this tag into the following challenges:

Hope I find you well and crafting....Sue
 

8 comments:

  1. How bright and bold is this tag absolutely gorgeous. Love the Big Bee such a striking focal point.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great color, great images, GREAT TAG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tag is awesome Sue! Thanks for joining the challenge at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning vibrant colours and stamping Sue.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fantastic tag, love the background and the wonderful bee. Thanks for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Wow, such a vibrant and striking tag! I love the bee, but the ladybug is a great touch too.
    Thankyou for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...Fabulous take on the recipe...Love the embossing & fabulous Bee...it's amazing... Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete