Monday, 5 August 2013

Your work, Sir, is both new and good, but what's new is not good and what's good is not new

Hi Everyone

Today is the turn of ATC'S and Sayings and their Kitsch -iness which means:

something of tawdry design, appearance, or content created to appeal to popular or undiscriminating taste.
so the more over the top the better.
My title today is from Samuel Johnson
I started with an ATC  (the ATC must measure 2.5” x 3.5” (64mm x 89mm) and added a piece of coloured backing paper to it, then added a piece of watercolour card sprayed with Cranberry Ranger Ink.  For a background I stamped in red a Kaisercraft CS882 background stamp.

On the top of this I added Versamark and used the Tim Holtz, 'David' stamp getting his eyes on the ATC and heat set with WOW ebony embossing powder.


I then used Versamark on the Tim Holtz collection #2 glasses and WOW ebony embossing powder again.  I cut the glasses out and added acetate for the glass in the window of the glasses. I added ribbon for embellishment on the right side.

I then added the saying from Vivianne Westwood which if anyone she is OTT and proud of it!

I am entering this into the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. Great ATC, perfectly done! Love the embossed David ans the quote - I can relate :-) Thanks for joining us at FwATCs. Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love David in his new glasses - fabulous take on the theme. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! I love the embossed David and his glasses and a wonderful quote. Thanks for sharing your lovely ATC with us at Country View Crafts this month. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete