Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Something New!

Hi Everyone

You can learn new things at any time in

your life if you're willing to be a beginner
.
If you actually learn to like being a

beginner, the whole world opens up to you..


Barbara Sher


Busy week I'm afraid but better late than never and I hate to miss the Stampotique Challenge.  This week is Try a new Technique.

My definition of this weeks challenge is about nurturing and growing with each new piece of crafting information I cram into this tiny brain of mine!

I have had this packet of wax crayons for months (no exaggeration) and I purchased them from the good old pound shop.

I saw this technique on Pintrest and thought ' I have to have a go!' so here it is.

Start off with a tag.  I daubed Distress Stains onto it.
Get 3 wax crayons and clip these onto the top of the tag.  Get a heat gun and heat the wax crayons.  Let the melted wax drip/run down the tag by tipping the tag up slightly.  I had blue dripping downwards, then had green wax crayon dripping from the bottom of the tag.  The photos show you how it came out.  What I did not expect is the wax flying about slightly so keep the tag in a confined space!

I then coloured in with Promarkers and cut out a leaf stamp by Dylusions and the Stampotique stamped image, adding them onto the tag.

My saying is from Barbara Sher.

Have a lovely week ....Sue   

5 comments:

  1. Its awesome tag sue, thanks for sharing the technique.
    Nagaonkarshilpa.blog spot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool waxy technique, and a great tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tag, Sue! I'll bet it has a lot of texture that doesn't really come through in the photos!! I will definitely try this technique--heeding your warning! ;-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tag! Love this look, great for underwater pieces. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful technique!!!! Great results, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique

    ReplyDelete