Friday, 25 October 2013

"Fashions fade, style is eternal." — Yves Saint-Laurent

Hi Everyone


This week at Stampotique is Fabric or Lace.  I have tried to incorporate both!

I firstly used plain calico and stamped the webb in Stazon onto a piece of material.  I then ran this through my sewing machine stitching the webb as it were.  I then went over the lines with a Promarker pen.

I then stamped 'Stitch' - who else -  in Stazon onto the calico 2 times.  One to colour in with Promarkers and the other to cut her face out and stitch over her original face, but stuff her face giving a 2 d effect.

I then cut her out and sewed her onto the Webb.  I added a Doo Lally Pip hat by stitching this on and adding a bow. The ends of her top and cropped trousers have lace attached.  Her necklace is part of a Tim Holtz chain and the rose is a small embellishment. 

The sentiment is of course from Madonna

Im a
Material Girl

Have a wonderful week......Sue

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! I particulalry love how you've done her head but it is all beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, the stitching looks fab! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, very creative !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Sue! Your "title" made me laugh out loud! A "material" girl...literally! Very clever, indeed! Love that stitching, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such fun. Beautiful. Thnaks for joining the stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a winner in my opinion!! you simply rocked the theme in a frangifantastic way!!
    thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge :)))
    xx
    france

    ReplyDelete