Monday, 14 October 2013

I've got a Handle on This!

Hi Everyone


Over at  Stampotique this week is  Handles, hinges, buckles, fasteners, pulls

I have used handles, hinges, buckles and fasteners.

I started with an empty small suitcase.  These you can purchase from the Range for a couple of pounds.

I then used the faux rustic look by painting it in black acrylic paint then a coat of PVC glue (cheap and nastier the better) then painting a further colour of acrylic paint over this.  I used Fawn.  Then get a heat tool and heat up the acrylic paint. The glue acts as a barrier causing the paint to crackle and bubble.  Fab eh!


I then got some old acrylic tags, decorated them in different papers and embellishments and put the saying onto the tag:

The average woman packs 26 items in her suitcase that she’ll never need.

I then coloured 'Relaxin' with Promarkers and cut her out.  I added a piece of chain with key, coins, safety pins, and metal embellishments attached to it.  I took a piece of tissue paper and stamped the flower randomly all over it in Versamark then heat set with WOW gold embossing powder. 

Hope you have a fab week....Sue

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely BRILLIANT! Thank you for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, just love this suitcase!! First, Relaxin' is one of my very favorite Stampotique stamps -- ever!! Then, I have to say how much I love that margin of white around her. I guess I always trim right at the outline, but, seeing yours, love this way of cutting her out even better! Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, I love this! I'm a real fan of any kind of container - and this is a superb container! Great faux finish! Thank you for sharing your project with us at Stampotique!
    Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Sue, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique, love your take on the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning work... I think you thought of everything.... xx Thank you for sharing with us at Stampotique.
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete