Saturday, 19 October 2013

Show Stopping Tag!

Hi Everyone


Over at Dragons Dream Tag this week they have made us think out of the box with 
TV show, Fabric, cream or neutrals and bling.

I started by thinking what TV programme made me smile in my far distant past and would be a good theme for a tag.

I came up with 'Rising Damp'  I know you may smile but I thought of the other rising damp also up the walls and the mould.  This I thought would make a good background.

I started by making a watercolour paper tag, and swooshing it through some old paper distress ink and water.  I then got a Prima brick stencil and put through this some moulding paste and let it dry.


I then went around the edges of the bricks with old paper distress ink and a paintbrush outlining the bricks.
I then put some water and the distress ink on a craft mat and picked it up with a large brush then let it drip down the tag.  I let this dry.  I added a splodge stamp covered in distress stain 'picket fence over the tag.

I added the letters with an alphabet stamp and the same distress ink.

The rosette is a Tim Holtz alteration made from calico fabric and again dipped in water and the same distress ink giving it a 'mouldy' feel. The 'bling' is a card circle decked with Bedazzles. I was thinking this depicts the mirror on a wall.  I then embellished the tag with a piece of ruler ribbon and cream ribbon for the 'dado rail'.

Take care speak soon
Sue

I am entering this tag into the following challenges:
Dragons Dream Tag - TV Show
Pile it on - Humour

6 comments:

  1. Love your take on the theme...your rising damp is fantastic...the mould idea is brilliant...Thank you for dreaming with us at Dragons Dream....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your creative thinking and sense of humour here Sue and the tag has turned out beautifully with fabulous textures and colours. Great job. Thanks for becoming follower of mine.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your comments. Your blog has some wonderful ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wonderful, I like the cream with the gold and the Rising Damp theme is very witty !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done, that is very clever, thanks for joining in with us at Dragons Dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know the show, but I love your tag. Thanks for joining us at Dragons Dream Tag It On this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete