Friday, 4 October 2013

Silhouette

Hi Everyone


This week over at Stampotique is ATC's, the little canvas that packs a punch.  ATC's are all about making a statement in miniature.

Everywhere you look are silhouettes - in journals - on canvases - cards - so this was the basis for my project this week.

I started with an ATC covered in watercolour paper.  Then stamped in Versamark the Steampunk Stampers Anonymous rail link then heat set with WOW clear embossing powder. This gives a resist technique where the stamp is.

I then spritzed cosmic shimmer blue ink over the project and made sure I just put it down the middle by placing torn scrap paper down each side of the ATC to give it an edge. I used kitchen roll to wipe off the excess.

I then stamped out Wilbur onto paper and sprayed with stick and spray repositionable glue.  This allows me to use this as a mask and placed him in the middle of the ATC and over the rail link.  

I then got cosmic shimmer inks in red and dark blue and took the top off the spray bottle and flicked the ink from the plastic tube onto the ATC giving a splodge effect.  I then went around his image with black soot distress ink.

I then used Versamark and the Steampunk words stamp and put this image over Wilbur and heat set with WOW bright White embossing powder.  I then took the mask off the ATC which left the silhouette of Wilbur on the ATC with the rail link map showing in the image.  

I then cut out some of the hearts from the Stampotique stamp and glued them onto the silhouette.

The saying this week is:

If you want to know

Where your heart is,

Look where your mind wanders.

I printed this off my computer and cut each word out and inked the edges.

Have fun this week...Sue

I am also entering this ATC into the following challenges:

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this fabulous creation at Craft-Room ATC Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, there is so much going on !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, love the techniques you have used here, thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just LOVE this !!! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea for the ATC. Thanks for joining us once more at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant use of varied techniques to create this layered and awesome ATC, Sue! That quote really got my mind thinking! Superb job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing ATC Sue! Love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique DC. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sue! This is gorgeous! What a great sentiment! I daydream of rubber! LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Sue, thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning.... Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Stampotique. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that is super cool how you did that. Love the sentiment you cut out on it. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous ATC, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great use of the masking technique and love your use of words. Thank you for sharing at the Craft Room challenge. Wishes, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
    Best-
    Sarinda

    ReplyDelete