Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Chinese Whispers

Hi Everyone


I can't believe its over a week since I talked to you all.

Over at Stampotique is GESSO week.

I started by getting a tag and smearing it in white gesso all over, then getting a bowl of warm water ready, so that when I pressed my Stampotique flower cube into it, I then washed the paint off straight away, otherwise it would render my stamps unusable. I then heat dried it with a heat gun.  The indentations of the flower stuck out from the tag.


I then sprayed cranberry Ranger inks on the top and patted it off with a piece of kitchen roll.  I then went over the flowers with H2O's in red, highlighting the flowers.  I then stamped the flower out onto patterned cardstock with fired brick distress ink and cut them out adding a glaze over the top.


The words I printed off my computer.

I then coloured in 'China Belle' with watercolour paints and cut her out.

I am entering this into the following challenges:


Take care....Speak soon....Sue 

6 comments:

  1. Faaabulous, love that red! Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Sue, it all works together so well. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of gesso, Sue, for creating a textured background! Sweet image and perfect for your tag! Yep, Gesso is our friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love the imprints with the flowers..Lovely. Thanks for sharing your talents with Stampotique this week. Sarinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great tag! I don't do much mixed media but I appreciate all that you put into it. thanks for playing with us at Pile it On.

    ReplyDelete