Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Lookin' Down on Creation.

Hi Everyone


The challenge at Stampotique STARS  has gone over into another week, so I got my thinking cap on and came up with this ensemble.

I firstly took a white tag and painted it in blue and silver acrylic paint.  I then used my Tim Holtz 'stars' stencil and inked versamark through it then took WOW Bling Bling embossing glitter and heat set the stars.

I then went onto the Internet and typed in simple world and simple space helmet . This brought up some images.  I then copied these and shrunk to size.


The 'world' I painted in light blue acrylic paint then with the end of the paintbrush, daubed brown and green paint onto the continents, giving it a bit of depth and let dry.  I then inked around the edge with Ebony Distress ink.  (Rather effective if I may say so!).

Wilbur was coloured in with Promarkers and so was the space helmet.  Wilbur's right arm was shaved off and another left arm put in its place, lifting it up to space.  I think he likes being an astronaut.   

My title ' I feel on top of the world'

was written in a fine permanent ink pen.around the bottom of the world.

Where do you wish you where this week........Sue


8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic adventure for Wilbur, Sue! Love both your world and the space helmet, too. What did we ever do before the internet? Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Star Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really love this. He really does look on top of the world. Great idea to use another left arm !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilbur looks excited about being on top of his world, fantastic Tag love the colours :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inventive, I love how you've coloured the Earth. Thanks for playing along with us again at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag Sue, it's so clever! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this so much Sue :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute tag, that moon is perfect!! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique's Designers Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tag is brilliant Sue! I love your little spaceman! x

    ReplyDelete