Tuesday, 11 February 2014

Raining in My Heart

Hi Everyone



This week at Stampotique is 
Heart in your Art

I firstly got a 6" X 4" post card and snipped the corners to make a tag and washed blue distress inks onto it.  I then used blue memento Paris Dusk ink and stamped out the clouds from my Woodware set in different blue papers.

I sometimes find inspiration on the web for my ideas and this week it came from the Sizzix website from a card.



I then cut strips of blue paper (like quilling paper) and rolled one end then set these out beside each other in different lengths. I then used a small love heart punch with white cardstock and coloured the hearts with different colours of blue Promarkers.



I coloured 'Bowtie' in with blue Promarkers and added a further heart as an embellishment.  His umbrella is from the Paper Artsy Jofy 09 set and the flower cut in half to form the umbrella.  I have added a ribbon flower and bow as embellishments and included little diamantes on his brollie.  My title this week is from a Buddy Holly song

ITS RAINING IN MY HEART.

My quote this week is

Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure.
Emily Wing Smith, Back When You Were Easier to Love

Have a lovely week

Sue

I am entering this into the following challenges:

12 comments:

  1. Bow tie looks great on your blue project... Raining in my heart!
    Thank you for adding a heart to your art and joining us at stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love all the different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the colors and the beautifully colored image! The clouds look very cute! Thanks for playing along with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag, love the blues !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fab Sue, I love your rolled up paper, what a fun idea! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag! Love the theme the clouds are great and the colours on the character are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tag!
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea, great tag...Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tag with all the blues! The stitched layered clouds are fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at the Craft-Room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Sue, especially the curled paper strips. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That blue is totally unexpected, Sue, and I just love the unexpected! A lot of detail added to the color makes this pure genius! Thanks for sharing this with us at Stampotique. Sue, please go back and add your name to your Stampotique submission so you have a chance to win one of the monthly gift certificates! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's adorable!!! I love it and I love the title ;)
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete