Thursday, 13 February 2014

Sounds Perfick!

Hi Everyone


This week at Stampotique is Perfect Pairs.

Now for a complete surprise, I have made a journal page!  Shock -  Horror I hear you say........

I need to do more of these as I have thoroughly enjoyed making the background and page.

I started off with my watercolour paints and made a wash of reds, pink, yellow and light blue.


I then got out some large stamps.  One was a Clarity Stamps with a collage of Paris on it and the Eiffel Tower (which you can see faintly in the background)  Then I added a architecture stamp, ART  writing stamp and map.  All of them were inked in either London Fog or Espresso Truffle both from Memento.  Great for backgrounds.

I then got out my stencils and Distress Markers and coloured through some of them,then added water to make them translucent in parts.

Dweeze and Moth Fab make a lovely couple coloured in with Promarkers and cut out. Moth Fab got rid of some of her heir this week! 

The saying this week is:

YOU ARE THE PEANUT TO MY BUTTER
WATER TO MY OCEAN
SPRING IN MY STEP
TWINKLE IN MY EYE
LOVE OF MY LIFE.

and everything is Perfick (Darling Buds of May!)

I am also entering this into the following challenges

Have a lovely week....Sue

13 comments:

  1. Love your work! The Background is amazing! Well done. Thank you for playing along with Stampotique :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! Great page with a wonderful background.

    Thanks for joining my first challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made your background.... Very nice
    Then using pro markers on your stampotique stamps really made them pop on your page
    Thanks for joining us at stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue, I love your couple, absolutely adorable!! And I love your text also, it's really great... I will keep it in mind! Thank you for your lovely comment on my make too. Happy week-end! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect pair! Love the colours and background so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Sue, a beautiful painty background, and your happy couple fit perfectly in it. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They make a fab couple on you page! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant page Sue...great background & I love the saying! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous - love the colours in the background!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent "pairing" of Stampotique images, Sue! Love all the detail in your background! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' "pairs" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. perfect! Thank you for joining us at Inspiration Journal this month. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're really cute together :)
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique DC

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for joining our Inspiration Emporium February Show It With Words Challenge!

    Ha Peanut to my Butter-how cute is that! Super creation!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete