Saturday, 5 April 2014

Humoursimple Story

Hi Everyone


Over at Stampotique this week is A Bit of Humour 


I started by taking a Tim Holtz tag and gluing a piece of lace, strips of ribbon, embossed grungepaper and buttons onto the tag.  I then covered them when dry, with white Gesso (one of my favourite items to use on projects)


When this was dry I then spritzed Dylusion and Cosmic Shimmer sprays over the Gesso and let it run in  places.  Once this was dry, I went around the edge of the tag with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I stamped the images onto white cardstock and this week have paper pieced their clothes, colouring their skin with Promarkers and then cutting the images out.  Moth Fab's skirt was 3d's using Crystal Colour Lacquer, which I have had for neons and is a transparent 3d paint.  I have also added gems to her skirt. 


Wilbur and Moth Fab as you know are best est mates, however, when I saw the saying

A friend in need is a pest

.    Bobby Heenan

it made me smile, because no matter how much you love someone, sometimes folks, this is sooooooo true!
Who the pest is in this relationship, I'm not so sure! 

Also over at Our Creative Corner is the theme 'A song in my heart' and so an alternative title today is:

How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away

Dan Hicks

Other challenges I am entering this week are:

Papertake - Anything Goes
Craft Room Challenge - Humour
Artistic Stamper - Embossing and Texture
Anything but a card - Use 5 (gemstones on her dress) 

Take Care, hope this has made you smile,

Sue x

21 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fabulous! And yes, you made me smile!

    You've created a gorgeous background for Wilbur and Moth Fab and done a wonderful job paper piecing their clothing!

    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag. I love how you have used the lace and ribbons for the background. Thanks for joining in with our FIVE challenge at Anything But A Card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, and the sentiment made me smile :-) thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag. I love how you've built up all of the layers in the background and the way in which they've been coloured. Stunning! Thank you for joining us at our mini challenge FIVE at Anything But A Card. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely BRILLIANT! It made me chuckle too!! Thank you for joining Stampotique Designer's Challenge, Gez

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous! I love those quotes. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous background, fabulous and odd image, just funny tag.

    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. great fun tag, gorgeous colours - thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a stunning work! Love all of it! The colours are so beautiful.... Thank you for joining us at SDC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW what a stunning tag. Love the whole idea! Thanks for joining this Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely tag..... Love the whole thing, how you have put this together is brilliant !
    Thank you for joining us at stampotique

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the detail and bright colours. Fab tab. Thanks for joining us at Stapotique this week !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is like a warm Spring hug, Sue! Love all the detail and the colors are just perfect. Your quotes made me smile, too! Thanks so much for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's a terrific tag, thanks for sharing it with us at Our Creative Corner. Sadly, I'm afraid it won't qualify for the prize draw, as the challenge requires that we see the words of the song title or some lyrics on the actual creation.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous array of elements on this tag! thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your creation looks gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.
    Hugs
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tag love the stamps Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous tag! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete