Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Box of Surprises!

Hi Everyone


Over at Stampotique this week is the theme BOXES


I started by cutting out an exploding box (click for instructions) in black card. I then stamped on the inner box the  abstract foliage stamp in versamark then heat set with WOW bright white embossing powder and cut around the image at the top. I again repeated this onto further black card and 3d'd this in front of the other image.


I then stamped out the small butterfly with versamark and heat set with WOW ebony black embossing powder.  Then splashed H2O's over the image and let it dry giving a mixed colour for the butterfly.  I then cut this out and glued in onto the foliage.


I then took the 'bird lady' and stamped her out 4 times onto white cardstock and paper pieced her, using up scrap bits of coloured paper and sprayed pieces.  I then glued her around a piece of black card on 4 sides.


The outside of the box and lid was decorated with cut out images from  the heart tiles and painted with H2O's

Have a fun time making the exploding box.

Sue x 

3 comments:

  1. I just love exploding boxes, Sue, especially this one with lots of Stampotique stamps in/on it! Bird Lady is perfect for the main character, especially in four different outfits! Very, very clever, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exploding boxes are so much fun! I love the images you chose to use here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun ! Must have a go at an exploding box sometime ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete